DOWNLOAD NOW | Canon EOS C70 Firmware Update adds 4k Internal RAW
Firmware version 220.127.116.11 is the newest update and replaces 18.104.22.168. This allows EOS C70 users to record in Canon’s Cinema RAW light, as well as record XF-AVC proxies at the same time.
As you can see above are the available resolutions and frame rates you can record in Canon’s Cinema RAW Light. You have the option of recording 4K 4096 x 2160 in RAW ST or RAW LT. In RAW LT you can only record 4K DCI at 59.94p or 50p. RAW ST is only available in frame rates up to 29.97p.
You can also record 2048 x 1080 RAW at up to 59.94p in a cropped Super 16mm mode. In Super 16mm mode, you have the choice of recording RAW HQ, RAW ST, or RAW LT.
Above are the proxy clips you can record simultaneously when recording internal RAW.
ISO/Gain settings in RAW
SD Card requirements
You will need a V90 speed SD card to record RAW internally in the C70. A lot of people would of thought that since the C70 only takes SD cards that RAW would not of been an option but as we can see Canon has recommended a V90 card will be suitable for this.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 incorporates the following enhancements:
- Adds support for the Cinema RAW Light recording modes.
Bit Depth：12 bit
- Adds [Frame Recording] modes.
- Adds [Interval Recording] modes.
• Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update.
• Firmware version 126.96.36.199.is for updating EOS C70 cameras running firmware version 188.8.131.52. If your camera’s firmware is already version 184.108.40.206., it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
• Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that, prior to starting update operations, users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit’s Instruction Manual titled “Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VQB3.FIR / file size: 62,578,240 byte), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review and confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- Camera Body EOS C70
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10、Windows 8.1、Windows 8、Windows 7 SP1、Mac OS X 11.0 – 11.2)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
Download the firmware here.