SIGMA 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
The new Sigma 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary is a fast compact full-frame zoom lens that Sigma states is great for both stills and video.
It’s available for Sony E-mount and L-Mount systems. It features an inner zoom and focusing mechanism, a high-speed stepping motor, and a convenient front filter thread.
The inner zoom mechanism allows the lens to maintain the same length throughout the entire zoom range with almost no shift to its balance point. With a compact, balanced body it would pair well for use on a gimbal.
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups, with 5 FLD and 4 aspherical lens elements
- Inner zoom
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping Motor
- Compatible with front filter (72mm)
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction – Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections and auto correction functionality may vary depending on the camera model. – On cameras where lens aberration correction is controlled with “ON” or “OFF” in the camera menu, please set all aberration correction functions to “ON” (AUTO).
- Support for DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Focus Mode switch
- Petal-type lens hood (LH756-01)
- Mount with dust and splash-resistant structure
- Support for switching between linear and non-linear focus ring settings (L-Mount only)
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately; L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
The SIGMA 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary lens will be available at Photogear for a retail price of $1,538 NZD for both Sony E-mount and L-Mount systems. ETA will be in July 2022.